For year-round comfort and maximum energy savings, Westinghouse ceiling fans include a reversible switch that allows ceiling fans to be used during cool or warm weather.
During the summer months keep your home cool by running your ceiling fan counter clockwise to allow air circulation throughout the room. It’s no secret that ceiling fans are more cost-effective than air conditioning units. Ceiling fans require very little energy to run, typically from 10-60w depending on fan speed. They can also be used in conjunction with pre-existing central air systems, which will allow you to get the most out of your energy usage. On the summer setting it can make a room feel up to 8 degrees cooler.
In the winter months, run your ceiling fan clockwise to re-circulate warm air from the ceiling, eliminating cold spots and drafts. Because heat rises, redistributing the warm air will allow your central heating system to work more efficiently, which can lower your heating bills by up to ten percent.
Selecting the right size ceiling fan for every room in your home
Maximise air flow by installing an appropriately sized ceiling fan for your room:
|Room size:||Fan size:|
|For rooms up to:||12 qm||use 78 – 94cm (30″ – 36″) ceiling fans|
|For rooms up to:||15 qm||use 105cm (42″) ceiling fans|
|For rooms up to:||20 qm||use 112 – 122cm (44″ – 48″) ceiling fans|
|For rooms up to:||25 – 30 qm||use 132cm (52″) ceiling fans and larger|
|For rooms bigger than:||30 qm||The use of more than one ceiling fan is recommended|
qm = cubic metres
Check Ceiling Height
Room size and ceiling height are important issues when selecting your ceiling fan. Be sure to choose a ceiling fan that bests suits your home.
- Low ceilings: Install a hugger ceiling fan or fans without down rods
- Standard ceilings: Install ceiling fans with or without down rods.
- High ceilings: Install fans with extension down rods.
- Sloped ceilings: Install fans with extension down rods.
For optimum performance, ceiling fan blades should be at least 2.4m from the floor, but no higher than 2.8m. For ceilings 2.8m and higher, an extension down rod is required to bring the fan down to the proper height. Many Westinghouse ceiling fans can be fitted with down rods, please contact us for more information and pricing.
Design meets comfort with Westinghouse fans
The latest product line from Westinghouse include elements that unite to create a more beautiful, relaxed, or energy-efficient home.
Westinghouse has been a trusted name for generations, each product that bears their name has been engineered and thoroughly tested to meet or exceed high quality standards. A trusted name for over 120 years, Westinghouse guarantees the construction of it’s ceiling fan motors with a 10 year warranty.
- Spot bulbs
- LED bulbs
- Candle bulbs
- Halogen capsules
- Round bulbs
- Fluorescent tubes
- Helix spiral bulbs
- Disc bulbs
- 2D bulbs
- PL bulbs
- Pygmy and other small bulbs
- Linear flood bulbs
- 3 pin bayonet bulbs (BC3)
- L1 bulbs
- Daylight bulbs
- Low energy dimmable bulbs
- Bulbs by connector - all screw cap (ES / E27)
- Bulbs by connector - all small screw cap (SES / E14)
- Bulbs by connector - all bayonet cap (BC / B22)
- Bulbs by connector - all small bayonet cap (SBC / B15)
- Double ended tubular bulbs
- Coloured bulbs
- Under cabinet lights - round, LED
- Under cabinet lights - round, fluorescent
- Under cabinet lights - LED strips
- Under cabinet lights - fluorescent strips
- Under cabinet lights - triangles and wedges
- Under cabinet lights - square
- Under cabinet lights - semi-flush
- Plinth lights
- Cornice lights
- Illuminated shelves
- Bedhead lights
- Snooker/pool lights