We now have the ultimate solution to your dimmable LED downlight challenges – at an affordable price!
Our 6w LED dimmable downlight kit is an all-in-one solution to your downlight needs:
- Dimmable bulb compatible with 99% of household dimmers
- Only 6w per bulb, save nearly £10 per bulb vs a 50w halogen bulb
- The perfect alternative to high energy 50w halogen bulbs
- Warm white (3000K colour)
- Standard mains voltage GU10 capped fitting – no transformers required, just wire up to the mains
- Fire-rated for 90 minutes
- Hole size required: 72mm – minimum ceiling void depth: 125mm
…and all at just £21.81 inc vat! (£21.81 in white finish, £22.44 in brushed nickel, chrome and brass) – prices correct at time of writing.
The kit consists of:
- a mains voltage GU10 downlight unit
- a 6w dimmable LED bulb in warm white
LED bulbs are no longer the harsh blue-white colour that they used to be. The 6w Sun-Star Pro produces a lovely warm white colour (3000K) at the same 38 degree beam angle as your halogen bulbs used to. It is also dimmable with 99% of household dimmers for complete control.
If you have additional specifications to be met, the above kit is made up of two components, either of which can be changed.
A daylight white (6500K) bulb is available: Dimmable LED GU10 6W Sun-Star Pro (daylight white).
The daylight colour spectrum is perceived brighter than warm white, is more like natural sunlight in colour and is also used to combat seasonal disorders or feelings of fatigue.
If you are fitting downlights in bathroom, especially directly over a bath or shower you will need an IP65 version of this downlight. They are available in various finishes:
For information about bathroom ‘zones’ and IP ratings please see our bathroom lighting article.
Tilt / Angled options
We also have a tilt version of this downlight with a 10-15 degree tilt, available in various finishes:
If you have any questions about these fittings, please get in touch!